Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
T'was good except for my two pace slowing flats....gorgeous sunrise again...like every time. Good to ride with Anthony, and Bill again. Got to ride with the infamous trashtalking Jasonb for the first time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
EdZilla said:
Since I couldn't make it this AM, anyone up for Dakota Ridge Thurs morning?
I think I'd be up for Thurs morning at 6 at Matthew Winters. You can probably count on two of us, in fact. S
 

·
I can't ride 45!
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a great ride this morning. Started out a little chilly -- about 50 before the sun rose -- but once the sun came up the sky and clouds and temp were great. MiSSfit, singlespeedster, me and the infamous trash-talker ibmkidIII ;) made it out for the ride -- how did the trash-talking thing come about anyway?

The ride started at the Mathew/Winters parking lot and climbed up Dakota Ridge and then down to Red Rocks Trail. We turned right at the south Morrison Slide/Red Rocks trail junction, rode to the north junction and then did a counter-clockwise loop up and down Morrison Slide back to Red Rocks trail again and finally to the parking lot. Even with mechanicals we were back in the parking lot by 8 AM.

Each Tuesday morning I enjoy the rides more and more and dread the waking up less and less. Hitting the pillow a little early on Monday night helps. Thanks to ibmkidIII, miSSfit, and singlespeedster for making it a good morning. I will see what I can do about Thursday morning, but I look forward to seeing folk next Tuesday at the lower Apex parking lot for the Chimney Gulch/Enchanted Forest ride.
 

·
Ridin' many miles...
Joined
·
254 Posts
jasonb said:
Each Tuesday morning I enjoy the rides more and more and dread the waking up less and less. Hitting the pillow a little early on Monday night helps.
...and I hated missing it this AM. Glad to hear some others saying the (mild) pain is worth the reward.
 

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
Joined
·
747 Posts
Chimney/Apex- I'll Be There!

Dragging my hillbilly Appalachian ass at the back, gasping for oxygen, hungover, wondering where all the slick as snot roots and slimy rocks are. Can't wait. I wonder if I can still ride the Apex DH in my sleep.
 

·
I can't ride 45!
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Singletrack Pig said:
Dragging my hillbilly Appalachian ass at the back, gasping for oxygen, hungover, wondering where all the slick as snot roots and slimy rocks are. Can't wait. I wonder if I can still ride the Apex DH in my sleep.
See you are hard at work. Give me a call. I have some SS stuff to discuss with you -- yes SS.
 

·
Ridin' many miles...
Joined
·
254 Posts
Uh, what happened?

SDizzle said:
I think I'd be up for Thurs morning at 6 at Matthew Winters. You can probably count on two of us, in fact. S
Ok, what happened dudes? Out of 4 of us who commited, I was the only one there!

No problem I guess. I'm used to the flake factor being pretty high at 6:AM.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top