Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Tucson crew,

My wife and I are coming down there on 2/5 to ride your local trails.

We have links to a couple of websites and know that there are some great trail reviews here at MTBR. Looking to do a short ride on Thursday and then some fun exploring on Fri-Sun and maybe a quick early morning ride on Monday 2/9 before flying out.

Could we get some recommendations from you as to what you think would be the best handful of trails to check out?

We're in shape but don't have any miles on our legs since Oct. I'm riding rigid SS, wife rigid gears. Looking for nice flowing trails, long climbs, and great scenery. Super technical sections not our cup of tea given the bikes were bringing (and our abilities!).

Any fun groups rides or folks that are interested in a non-race pace ride to show us around?

Lastly, we'd love recommendations as to good hole-in-the-wall places to grub and drink good beers. We usually go to the Frog and Firkin for tasty brews and have liked Nimbus a lot more than Gentle Bens.

Thanks!

·
Plus size jersey model
1,250 Posts
There will be plenty of people to show you guys around and probably a group ride everyday that week. I know for sure that we have a Starr Pass ride that is on going every Sat morning and I am usually riding out at 50yr trail on Sundays. Also check out tucsonmtb.com the vast majority of tucson riders post over there. I wuold say that Starr Pass, 50yr Trail, and the AZT are the must ride trails why you are in town and Bison Witches is a must stop for ggod food and beer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool! Sounds like good times are going to be had down there. Hope that the weather is cooperative :)

Will post on TucsonMTB as we get closer to see what is happening with the group rides.

Thanks!

·
I bike, I brew
190 Posts
Your timing is good as many folks will also be pre-riding the 24 Hour course (17-some miles of some sweet desert singletrack that will fit your description nicely). Even if you just headed out there by yourselves (especially on the weekend), you'll easily run into enough people to point you in the right ddirection (admittedly, there may be some racer-boys that won't give you the time of day, but at least you'll see where they're going... 95% of people will be very helpful.

As for Frog&Firkin- I won't go there again. They have a habit of changing credit card charges to their advantage.

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
I second the Frog&Firkin credit card game...and that was 10 years ago. Some things never change....still, they have the best patio around and the brie and pesto fries are awesome....guess Cash is King.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.