Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tucson in two weeks.

638 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  greasemeat
Good news! I finally got a set in stone work trip to Tucscon.

Bad news is that it is going to be rough to get any riding down there because I won't have any rental vehicle down there since my work is providing all my transportation whilst there. (ie: To and from airport and to and from training the two days I am there).

I am thinking of staying an extra day to ride but that extra day will cost me some pretty pennies (extra hotel, food, bike shipping to/from Tucscon, rental vehicle) so I am contemplating swallowing my pride and just saying I'll probably be walking taking desert pictures....

If this were in the summer, I'd drive myself down there (It's only 1300 miles) but I have no issues with driving. However, with all the nasty snows we have been getting in the midwest, I would chance getting stuck somewhere along the way.

:madman: :madman:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
If staying at any of the large resorts SouthWest Trekking has guided riding with bikes, they know the trails. Weather is great, low 70's today.
Thanks for the referral. If I can talk my boss into letting me stay down there an extra day or so, I'll probably use this option. I am just thinking how cool to come home with an awesome set of vids and pics from the desert southwest!
post up where you are staying and what days. lots of good peeps down here who would probably be willing to drag you along on a ride.
Lawson Raider said:
Good news! I finally got a set in stone work trip to Tucscon.

Bad news is that it is going to be rough to get any riding down there because I won't have any rental vehicle down there since my work is providing all my transportation whilst there. (ie: To and from airport and to and from training the two days I am there).

I am thinking of staying an extra day to ride but that extra day will cost me some pretty pennies (extra hotel, food, bike shipping to/from Tucscon, rental vehicle) so I am contemplating swallowing my pride and just saying I'll probably be walking taking desert pictures....

If this were in the summer, I'd drive myself down there (It's only 1300 miles) but I have no issues with driving. However, with all the nasty snows we have been getting in the midwest, I would chance getting stuck somewhere along the way.

:madman: :madman:
There should be no shortage of riders willing to let you bum a ride. Even if you were working all day you could tag along on some night rides if that would work better for your schedule. I have a light you could borrow and L&M is doing light demos every Monday and Wednesday nights also.
sikwoodbiker said:
There should be no shortage of riders willing to let you bum a ride. Even if you were working all day you could tag along on some night rides if that would work better for your schedule. I have a light you could borrow and L&M is doing light demos every Monday and Wednesday nights also.
Thanks! PM sent.

It is super how the mtb community hangs together and helps another rider out. Riding down there is a dream come true for me..
I went for 3 days the day after Xmas & STILL won't shut up about it... it's worth it bud
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.