Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news! I finally got a set in stone work trip to Tucscon.

Bad news is that it is going to be rough to get any riding down there because I won't have any rental vehicle down there since my work is providing all my transportation whilst there. (ie: To and from airport and to and from training the two days I am there).

I am thinking of staying an extra day to ride but that extra day will cost me some pretty pennies (extra hotel, food, bike shipping to/from Tucscon, rental vehicle) so I am contemplating swallowing my pride and just saying I'll probably be walking taking desert pictures....

If this were in the summer, I'd drive myself down there (It's only 1300 miles) but I have no issues with driving. However, with all the nasty snows we have been getting in the midwest, I would chance getting stuck somewhere along the way.

:madman: :madman:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If staying at any of the large resorts SouthWest Trekking has guided riding with bikes, they know the trails. Weather is great, low 70's today.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the referral. If I can talk my boss into letting me stay down there an extra day or so, I'll probably use this option. I am just thinking how cool to come home with an awesome set of vids and pics from the desert southwest!

·
Registered
531 Posts
post up where you are staying and what days. lots of good peeps down here who would probably be willing to drag you along on a ride.

·
Plus size jersey model
1,250 Posts
Lawson Raider said:
Good news! I finally got a set in stone work trip to Tucscon.

Bad news is that it is going to be rough to get any riding down there because I won't have any rental vehicle down there since my work is providing all my transportation whilst there. (ie: To and from airport and to and from training the two days I am there).

I am thinking of staying an extra day to ride but that extra day will cost me some pretty pennies (extra hotel, food, bike shipping to/from Tucscon, rental vehicle) so I am contemplating swallowing my pride and just saying I'll probably be walking taking desert pictures....

If this were in the summer, I'd drive myself down there (It's only 1300 miles) but I have no issues with driving. However, with all the nasty snows we have been getting in the midwest, I would chance getting stuck somewhere along the way.

:madman: :madman:
There should be no shortage of riders willing to let you bum a ride. Even if you were working all day you could tag along on some night rides if that would work better for your schedule. I have a light you could borrow and L&M is doing light demos every Monday and Wednesday nights also.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sikwoodbiker said:
There should be no shortage of riders willing to let you bum a ride. Even if you were working all day you could tag along on some night rides if that would work better for your schedule. I have a light you could borrow and L&M is doing light demos every Monday and Wednesday nights also.
Thanks! PM sent.

It is super how the mtb community hangs together and helps another rider out. Riding down there is a dream come true for me..

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
I went for 3 days the day after Xmas & STILL won't shut up about it... it's worth it bud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts