Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to golder parking lot around 9:30 this morning with a friend from out of town. played on the upper 50 all morning and when we got back to the parking lot around 1230 there were sheriff deputies waiting and our cars had been broken into. i drive a little POS toyota. they were able to push the window down and made off with a broken 1990s alpine CD player....ignoring the $90 gear ratchet set and assorted other tools i had in the car. my friend was not so lucky. his drivers window was smashed and they got his GPS. inside of my car was pretty well ransacked, like they know MT bikers occasionally leave wallets/phones in cars during rides. the deputies said its happened a few times over the last few weeks. took some prints but they didnt look too good. just a warning.

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
blue109 said:
got to golder parking lot around 9:30 this morning with a friend from out of town. played on the upper 50 all morning and when we got back to the parking lot around 1230 there were sheriff deputies waiting and our cars had been broken into. i drive a little POS toyota. they were able to push the window down and made off with a broken 1990s alpine CD player....ignoring the $90 gear ratchet set and assorted other tools i had in the car. my friend was not so lucky. his drivers window was smashed and they got his GPS. inside of my car was pretty well ransacked, like they know MT bikers occasionally leave wallets/phones in cars during rides. the deputies said its happened a few times over the last few weeks. took some prints but they didnt look too good. just a warning.
Give us a call, we have people park and ride from our place quite often. We are right by the base of the chutes, just across the CDO wash.

·
1,472 Posts
umm, yeah, big time problem there.

My wife and I started a 4 day trip to Tucson with a ride at 50 year - December 23rd. On returning to the car we found a smashed window and ALL of our luggage gone. THat included my wallet, work computer, blackberry, and LOTS of bike gear. Needless to say, with only bike clothes on, our little vacation to Tucson was scuttled and I'm still working with the insurance company to replace the thousands of dollars in clothes (bike gear is pricey) and "stuff". The theives made 3 charges at the local mini-mart before we could cancel all the cards. IOther than that I doubt they'll get much use out of my bike gear or my wife's very small clothes. Their gain of a few hundred dollars cost us thousands of dollars of stuff and our vacation.
Major, major suck.

The cop who responded said that they have had problems there and that he had been by the parking lot 30 minutes earlier.

I'd recommend parking elsewhere.

--Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.