Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to repair my first puncture on recently bought Hardrock. Tyres were badged as "Specialized Resolution Wire Bead" but they turned out to be some kind of beadless tubular design that wrapped under a conventional tube and were then glued to the rim.

Had to cut it off in the end (had a spare tyre to hand) but seems like a damn stupid design to have on an entry level trail bike !

I'm guessing it was incorrectly badged ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No pictures I'm afraid as the offending items have been binned ! And anyway... once cut off they just look like ordinary tyres with the bead cut off. You'd need to have pics/vid of the cutting off process to see what they were.

I've been mountain biking for 15 and I've never come across anything like them. Normally ride a BigHit and just bought the Hardrock to have something lighter to XC on to do some fitness work.

Some roadie friends reckoned they were some kind of experimental tubular design that ended up on my bike by mistake.... if so, hope Specialized shelved the idea 'cause they are useless as a trail tyre.

Just glad I didn't puncture out on the trail or it would have been a very long walk back !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.