Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I recently purchased a Cane Creek Zonos UST wheelset on-line for the purpose of tyring out tubeless. The problem is I didn't receive the valve stems. I contacted the seller and they were going to send me the stems but I have not yet received them and am not sure they will ever arrive. Anyway, I am looking to just buy a pair but I am not sure about compatability. I've found tubeless stems for sale from Mavic, NoTubes & Bontrager, but not Cane Creek. Can anyone tell me if any of the three I did find would be compatible with the Zonos UST rims? I did read somewhere that the Cane Creek rims are essentially the same as Bontrager, but I can't confirm. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

B

·
Registered
46 Posts
sure the rim is what gets the valve stem....the mavic should work fine....but dont forget the stans stuff (liquid) for help in sealing any holes!! it does work...even for tubeless..good luck

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
yyzyyz said:
great, thanks! have the sealant, wheelset & tires, just need the valve stems. thanks again

B
Pretty sure they use Bonty rims. If you have the Bonty tubeless ready rim strips you need the Bonty valves. Mavic UST will not fit. The Bontys are cheaper, too.

No need for sealant with UST tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.