Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running Mavic Crossland UST wheels with Hutchinson tubeless tires. I love the setup when riding; no problems. However, I always have to fill the tires before I ride. If the bike sits for a week ( I know, blasphemy) the tires go all the way down. Never been a problem so far on a ride but in 5 or 6 hours I might have to refill.

I really don't want to use Stan's or Slime. Does anyone have a tire on Mavic wheels that holds air?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Yes. I had a set of tires mounted and the spare wheelset was sitting in a room for about 9 months and they barely lost pressure. No sealant but you shouldn't expect that.

If they go completely flat in about a week, check the bead condition, make sure the rim is clean before you put on the tires and check that the valve doesn't leak (tub test). If they leak through the casing, well, you either have to deal with the pre-ride re-inflate or use some sealant. Hutchinsons usually hold air very well.

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
I found my leak by tank testing and also holding the air hose on the valve at 10% over max inflate pressure per bead seat instruction.

No refill for over a month!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I may be the rims. Crosslands use a plastic rim strip to seal the rim. It has been know to leak. Check your valve, too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

I have tried the over pressure thing a couple of times to seat the beads. I think that is fine. I will reset the valve stems with grease (I think they may be dry). Hope it's not the rim strips because both wheels have the same problem.

·
I live to bike
2,397 Posts
I could not get a set of Hutchinson UST spiders to seal. I would always have to top off before a ride, too. So I just added some Stan's--thorn protection benefit, anyway, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts