Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a pair of Sun Ringle Charger Expert wheels, they are 28mm wide and utilize Stan’s No Tubes™ BST Technology. Wheelset came with the the yellow rim tape, valves and two bottles of the sealant.

Anyone have tire recommendations to mount these up tubeless or past experiences with this wheelset?

Pretty easy to setup?

Thanks!

·
Basura Blanca
1,791 Posts
I mounted up a Purgatory front and a Crossmark rear on mine, and both sealed up w/o issue. Keep an eye out for loose spokes after each of your first few rides. Although, mine are the straight-pull Charger Pros.
- Joe

Reactions: Ryan G.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mounted up a Purgatory front and a Crossmark rear on mine, and both sealed up w/o issue. Keep an eye out for loose spokes after each of your first few rides. Although, mine are the straight-pull Charger Pros.
- Joe
Joe did you air them up with a floor pump or compressor?

·
West Chester, PA
4,968 Posts
I sound like a broken record but I love specialized 2bliss tires with the control casing (don't get s works tires). Captains and fast traks air up with floor pump on stans rims.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Just another vote for Specialized 2Bliss Control tires on Flow rims. Also Schwalbe Nobby Nics and Racing Ralph TLR. All as easy to mount as a UST tire on a UST rim with a floor pump.

·
Basura Blanca
1,791 Posts
I used a compressor, because I have one and it's faster/easier. But were I to guess, I'd say the Purgatory would've aired up fine w/ a floor pump, the Crossmark probably not w/o some futzing.

·
_
850 Posts
I sound like a broken record but I love specialized 2bliss tires with the control casing (don't get s works tires). Captains and fast traks air up with floor pump on stans rims.
this!

i have a 2.2 purgatory up front, and a 2.2 captain on the back, 2Bliss/Control. these are mounted to my sun ringlé charger pro wheels. they mounted very easily with a compressor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts