Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
If I've got your intended use correct then you'd probably want to look at a semi-slick. If so look at nothing other than the Schwalbe Fast Fred. If you want a bit more bite get Continental Explorer's. They wear surprisingly slowly and are awesome for just about all applications.

·
Registered
970 Posts
cadence90 said:
Are both the Schwalbe and the Conti equally good with non-UST rims + Stan's?
What about Maxxis Larsen TT?
i haven't used schwalbe tyres with stan's but have had no troubles with the standard ust version. i have used conti tyres with stan's sealant and they worked fine, inflated with a track pump first time. i was however using a ust rim not the stan's rimstrips, it may make a difference. i'm using the ust version of the larsen's at the moment. there are some troubles with them sealing and they also have a very high rolling resistance, although you can't always tell. if your on a budget then larsens are cheap and serve well for nearly all purposes but i'd choose something else over them next time i'm after tyres. probably going to try schwalbe racing ralph or one of the offerings from geax.

·
mainly roadie
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aussie_yeti said:
i haven't used schwalbe tyres with stan's but have had no troubles with the standard ust version. i have used conti tyres with stan's sealant and they worked fine, inflated with a track pump first time. i was however using a ust rim not the stan's rimstrips, it may make a difference. i'm using the ust version of the larsen's at the moment. there are some troubles with them sealing and they also have a very high rolling resistance, although you can't always tell. if your on a budget then larsens are cheap and serve well for nearly all purposes but i'd choose something else over them next time i'm after tyres. probably going to try schwalbe racing ralph or one of the offerings from geax.
OK, I'm getting a bit confused now. Sorry, but I'm new to mtb....UST is tubeless, correct, either in a rim or a tire? I have standard, non tubeless, rims, which I guess is non-UST, and I'm wondering what tires will seal the best against these, using Stan's tubeless liners?

Do I have to have a UST tire? Isn't that only if I have a tubeless design rim? Sorry for the questions, I thought my original question was simple....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.