Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me say rephrase that: "tubeless ready" tires around the corner.
I know the Crow is basically "tubeless ready" and a bunch of other tires can be run tubeless, but I feel better knowing that there is a full knobbed tire coming out that was engineered to be run tubeless. I know I am not a 29'er rider (yet), but this is one of my last reasons for holding out getting shot down in flames.

From cyclingnews.com:

Bontrager grows both taller and wider

As is the case with the new Gary Fisher and Trek mountain bike models, Bontrager's wheel division also continues its development of components for the 29er market. Last year's Race Lite 29 wheelset has now been eclipsed with the advent of a Race X Lite version. The new upper-end offering sports a tubeless-ready 475g rim laced with 14/16g double-butted DT spokes to a pair of hubs based on DT Swiss' top-end 240 design. Naturally, Bontrager will offer several new tubeless-ready 29er tires to mount on the new hoops, including its extant Jones ACX and Jones XR tread patterns as well as a new Dry X. When combined with Bontrager's Super Juice sealant, the new wheel and tire combo is said to drop a whopping 315g from last year's Race Lite 29 wheelset and standard tubed tires.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Holy Grail?

Will this be the "Holy Grail" for the tubeless fans out there? I sure hope the system works, because there will be alot of eager folks waiting to try it out.

Interesting to note that there will be a "race" oriented tire.

Also, the article pointed out that the new Genesis 2 geometry features a new offset for forks that Manitou has manufactured for the new Fisher bicycles. Dang it! Why couldn't we get that offset for a 29"er fork? We need that on 29"ers now. At least it shows the willingness to explore a new geometry for the front end of a bike versus the "lock step" head angle/ fork offset standards that have been in place for almost 20 years now.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
First see, then cheer. This has been talked about for 2 or 3 years I think.

Would Fisher (or even Trek) make a bike to sport the newer high-end wheels?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.