Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pick up a set of Crossmax XLs for my SC Heckler and want to know what tires you all recomend. I understand Stewarts and Hartshorne are mostly hardpacked dirt while Ringwood is rocky, but I guess Im starting from scratch here. I love my Kenda Kenetics, grippy as all hell, but they might be too grippy and a bit slow. I'd like to have a bit of volume in the tires say around 2.35 up front and toying with the idea of a slimmer one in the back.

thanks
sean

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tires

I ride XLs with 485 gram Python Lites with Stan's goo. I love the tire and have used them everywhere including Moab and Fruita. I run low pressure (30/28) and they seem to hook up very well and you can't beat light.

·
Registered
257 Posts
All Tires are Good

I agree with both posts. I use to live right near Hartshorne and now live right next to Ringwood. Pythons I use more so in the summer time and do great everywhere except the really slick rocks in winter when leafs and other debris are on the trail. My favorite is the Serac hands down...super casing great tread and good rubber compound...best of all they last a good amount of time. I raced the past 2 years on Serac 1.95's and have used them at the 24 hours of allamuchy...nuff said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.