Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a tiny hole at the edge of the rim where the tire and rim meets.

some sealant came out but don't seem like it is stopping the leak. Should I orientate the wheel so the sealant "sit" on the puncture?

here is a picture. It quite tiny and I thought the sealant will seal it quickly but it is not. There a few drops sealant came out and was bubbling. I wiped it when I took the picture.

Tire Automotive tire Finger Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Op, do as you said overnight, and then may be a fan on it to help dry the seal? Try, never know
Seems like there is no orientation that will let the sealant "sit" on that hole….

I pump it to 30+ psi and it burst out air. Then I hold it on the 6 o'clock position and shake the sealant up. It kinda formed the seal but still leak very slowly…

I think I still need to plug/patch it somehow…

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Hightower C XXL
929 Posts
Do you lose air overnight? Mine lose some air every time I ride. And will drop 5 psi over the course of a few days. Pin holes and tire burps happen a lot while I ride. Usually through the rock garden sections or roots. I just dump some more sealant in every so often.
Automotive tire Wood Gas Composite material Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

My tires look like this all the time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have that a few times right at the bead where it sit closely to the rim, before I'm able to use a plug but now I just tried cyano glue and drip it in very tiny bit with the tire filled, you can sit it slowly sip in and stop the leak. Once the leak stops, let it sit for half a day or so. Test ride it on some technical descend with no problem so far.

Hope it might work for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.