Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to put on my new bike a dh rims...which option is better?
mavic 729 with "stan" notube????
or mavic 823 with tubeless tire???

·
Registered
56 Posts
even if you run the tubeless option, run the stans sealer inside, works great. I'm running some HED rims with Stans no tubes and it works excellent. I'm really impressed, I was kinda wondering at first, but good stuff. I know, I'm not telling you what rim to run and stuff, but run stans either way, that's all I'm saying.
Nate

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
If you want an honest non-biased depiction of these rims....ask Acadian and zedro. :p

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i'm not saying a word...i bought a set and have only run them for a day so far. Some people have consistantly had bad experiences, some have had no problems whatsoever. So 50/50...

·
I Just Ride
284 Posts
I've been using the older D 3.1's for almost 2 years. Got a small flat spot on the rear coming up short on a road gap attempt (paved not dirt). I'm still using it it just has a small hop in it.

I placed an order for 823's for my new bike last week. My buddy at the bike shop called me today and said the 823's had been discontinued and would be replaced with 825's. According to him the new ones should be available in october.

I'm gonna wait for the 825's.

I've also got D 321's with stans (I also use the sealant in the D 3.1's regardless of the tire I'm running). The D 3.1's are much easier to get the tires to seat, at least the tires I use are.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
You will love rolling tubeless. My bike rolls like a GAZELLE.

EX 823's were my best investment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts