Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
memento mori
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a 2012 stump fsr comp. The rims have light blue tape,looks like specialized tubeless tape tho it doesn't say specialized on it. Is it tubeless tape? Bang a few valves,dump some stans and good to go?

·
Registered
655 Posts
My wife's Safire came with the blue tape on Swiss 420sl wheels. The tape was not applied correctly (uneven) and did not adhere completely around the spoke holes, It would not hold air for long. I installed Stan's Rim Strips.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My Rovals have the blue tape and work great tubeless with Stan's. One thing to be aware of is that the valves Specialized provides do not have a removeable core. I went with Stan's valves so that I could inject the Stan's through the valve core.

·
skilldest©
439 Posts
My Rovals have the blue tape and work great tubeless with Stan's. One thing to be aware of is that the valves Specialized provides do not have a removeable core. I went with Stan's valves so that I could inject the Stan's through the valve core.
I put stan's yellow tape over the blue tape (I guess just for extra precaution...or I just did not know what to do). Would have really liked putting in better valves like the stan's valves because my tires/rims are so gosh darn difficult to open up and add more sealant. Also, at one of the valves (after one year) I am noticing is where they leak. They leak into the inner part of the rim because they bubble out at the nippples - if that makese sense.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes, the removable core valves with the Stan's plunger injector make things pretty simple. Another thing I have discovered is that when a valve starts leaking a bit, normally if I replace the core the leak stops. Just deflate the tire (important!) and juse a presta core wrench or crescent wrench to looses the core.
Most bike shops sell the cores for a couple bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.