Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a nevegal wire 2.3 reg 29inch tire and a alex dh19 rim

not really seeing how to get the tire to sit on the bead , i ve watched multiple videos where you can audibly hear the tire pop in......

should i just stan it up and cross my fingers or should i deff get the bead to set on most of the tire.????

im using compressor, the ghetto tubeless method with the tape....

thanks for your input....

·
Registered
762 Posts
nicolicious said:
i have a nevegal wire 2.3 reg 29inch tire and a alex dh19 rim

not really seeing how to get the tire to sit on the bead , i ve watched multiple videos where you can audibly hear the tire pop in......

should i just stan it up and cross my fingers or should i deff get the bead to set on most of the tire.????

im using compressor, the ghetto tubeless method with the tape....

thanks for your input....
Hi nicolicious,
Don't give up just yet, it's worth persevering :)
  • If you watched the video, you'll recall that lots of sudsy water is the key to getting that bead seated. Remember It's not Stan's that seats the bead, but the suds.
  • Of course, having a compressor handy (or at least a good floor-pump) is a huge assset when getting started.
  • Finally, there's no mileage in adding Stan's sealant unless you're confident the bead's going to seat properly. So just chucking Stan's in earlier, out of sheer desperation would be a waste good sealant, IMO.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All i have to say is one thing ....,

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!

Can some one link to me some of the reasons behind the tapE? Split tube? What am I actually trying to do?

Am I trying to fill the channel to push the bead out to the walls??? Cause if that's the case I need to add 3-4 wraps of tape--- and should the tape go all the way up to the hook parts? Or should o just use both tape and tube????

Slot of the videos I found skip over the reasoning and what they are trying to do---

Ugh!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts