Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an odd issue the other day. I took my newly converted tubeless that had held pressure for 3 days in the garage and been on one recon street ride to check on the trail this weekend. All the ride the bike seemed fine with no issues that i had seen with the tire, no burping or anything noticed.

Finished the ride and loaded up and went home. A couple hours later when I unloaded the bike the tire was completely flat. Took it in the garage to check it really well and saw no damage, punctures, or issues. Pumped her up with air and all seemed well again.

Never had this happen on other wheels and tires. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12,878 Posts
Yes. Don't over-think it. Reinflate and ride.

Did you do a 100% tape job?
Did you damage the valve by over-tightening?
Is there still liquid sealant sloshing around in there?
Did you use a CO2 cartridge at some point? Those leak out faster than regular air does.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Not sure how you can be confident there isn't a puncture. That's beside the point though.

Could have gotten a late puncture with a thorn (parking lot) and didn't ride the bike after -therefore no sealant filled the hole.
Otherwise yeah, valve core not well seated or leaking around valve stem due to stem not being tight or a poor tape area someplace.

Air up and ride again like others suggest.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a turbo levo which is advertised as '2bliss ready'. When I removed the tire, there was rim tape already present. I dont know what kind-it looked like duct tape. I installed my cushcore and then the stock butchers over that. I could not pour the sealant into the tire cavity with it half off the rim because I had made a mess that way when I went to pop the tire back on. So I mounted the tire completely. Then with a tire lever, I pried a small bit of the tire off. I insinuated a urethral catheter (dont ask- I am old) in between the tire into the rim, making sure the catheter went into the space 'above the cushcore' not between the cushcore and the rim. I did not want to put sealant through the valve. I used a piston syringe (that I had from a previous hospital visit) to instill 100 cc stans sealant. You could use any small rubber tube and a turkey baster. I removed the tube and pressurized the tire with a regular hand pump. Air leaks were noted from the spokes adjacent to the valve, on both tires. No sealant was leaking. Repeated tire bouncing and rotation eventually stopped the leaks after 5-10 minutes. No sealant leak noted. Pressure held for 24 h at max recommended tire press - 35 psi. Tires deflated to 20 psi and survived a relatively tame ride for 2 h. without leak or pressure loss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.