Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a set of new I9 wheels, and the seller said the new rims have the same UST grooves as the 819, but the middle part has been drilled out.

So if that is the case, what is the best and more reliable way to convert these wheels to tubeless?

- Stan's yellow tape
- Stan's rim kit
- ghetto tubeless
- Swap in 819 rims. The seller has confirmed the ERD is close enough to reuse the spokes

Thanks!

Ming

·
transmitter~receiver
9,334 Posts
i'd confirm the rim profile with I9. easy enough to do. if it is a UST rim profile, all you need is tape to go tubeless with UST or tubeless ready tires.
i also wouldn't trust his "confirmation" that the ERD is close enough. is that accounting for using 16mm nipples with the 819?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
meltingfeather said:
i'd confirm the rim profile with I9. easy enough to do. if it is a UST rim profile, all you need is tape to go tubeless with UST or tubeless ready tires.
i also wouldn't trust his "confirmation" that the ERD is close enough. is that accounting for using 16mm nipples with the 819?
Good call. I'm going to call Jake @ I9 to confirm. Jake knows his stuff ;)

Thanks!

Ming

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to I9, and they confirmed that only their Enduro and DH wheelsets have the UST profile. Everything else is the regular rim profile. Looks like I can get one custom built with any one of the stan's kit, but I'll be waiting for 3 - 4 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.