Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went tubeless and front tire sealed up perfectly and holds pressure over night but the rear will lose 15-18lbs of pressure overnight but not go completely flat. I'm running WTB Prowler SL. Any ideas or has anyone experienced this? If so did you have to redo the wheel or did it go away after a couple of rides?

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you just set it up

I wouldn't worry about it too much; more than likely it will seal up better after you give it a few rides, that is if you are using Stan's or some other goop. I had a Kenda which are notorious for being porous, and it took a few days of riding before the latex had all the micro holes sealed up. Just remember that after they have sealed up, you will want to add another shot of the goop to replace what sealed up the tire.
Good luck

·
863 Posts
Pump it up and ride. I've had one tire that took about three weeks to seal up to the point where it wouldn't loose more than a pound overnight. Another tire of the same model sealed up in two days.

When the tire is new, it's full of holes like Swiss cheese. Over time, the holes will seal up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.