Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dictatorsaurus said:
Should running 26" 2.125 tubes with a 26" 2.35 tire cause any problems?
no... until you get a puncture. A undersized tube with punctures will lose air faster than right one. Personally I prefer maxxis freeride tubes because they keep pressure with multiple pin holes for a while.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I ride 2.125" diameter slime tubes all the time in 2.35" wide tires. I'm sure the tube manufacturers have a design thickness for their inflated tubes, but in use the smaller diameter tubes have proven an excellent compromise. Just don't expect the tubes to be warrantied against manufacturer's defects.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Depends - how well do you notice such things? How much does your bike weigh already? How much of that is in the wheel system?

I would say that for 5 or 6 bucks, you might as well try it - then you can tell us what 30g (claimed) did for you, riding your bike.

Personally, I would probably be able to NOTICE such a difference, but I don't think it would effect my riding - I'm nowhere near good enough that an ounce will make the difference between cleaning a climb and walking up.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well...I'm getting the Sette Flite Bike which is rated at around 34lbs.

I'm not going to go crazy changing parts trying to drop the weight significantly, however, whatever I do end up changing, I will probably looking for lighter alternatives. Since I'll be carrying some spare tubes, I figured might as well get the light ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.