Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
amagab said:
I just purchased a pair of Mutano Raptors for my SS. I need some advice which inner tubes I should get?! I mostly ride on pavement and hardpack. Can anyone recommend what size inner tubes I should get??? Thanks!
26" tubes. As long as they are 26x1.75 or bigger you are fine.

BTW it is better to start a new thread than to ask a new question on an old (5.5 month old!) thread

·
Registered
571 Posts
I liked the Mutano 2.4 for here in dry SoCal. I put them on my hardtail to give me more cush with their big volume. They roll really fast for such a fat tire because of their small knobs.

The only time I would not recommend is for loose, dry and sandy conditions like up in Big Bear where big biting knobs reign supreme.

I ride a full susp rig nowadays, so I don't need the fat cush anymore. Now I've gone smaller with IRC Mythos 2.1.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
amagab said:
I just purchased a pair of Mutano Raptors for my SS. I need some advice which inner tubes I should get?! I mostly ride on pavement and hardpack. Can anyone recommend what size inner tubes I should get??? Thanks!
I've run 1.5 presta tubes in my 2.4 mutanoraptors for about a year with zero problems.
I'm 165 and pump them up to about 34 rear and 32 front, and ride in rocks (not crazy Colorado or Texas rocks) and fast hardpack.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
amagab said:
Sorry, I forgot to mention the size. They are 26x2.4 Mutano Raptors and I will put them on WTB Speed Discs that accomodates Presta valves. Can anyone tell me what size inner tubes I should get?? I will probably fill them up quite a bit to make the tires stiffer. Thanks!
Your question has already been answered 3 times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.