Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Let's ride
Joined
·
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time Trial Wednesdays.

It is anyone's series. Riders will drop their worst result, or no show. Two rounds to go, riders will have to plan their throwdowns seriously.

Current Leaderboard:
Rensho...............32 pts
JustJeff...............27 pts
Jeffh...................24 pts
FoggyGoggles.....22 pts
Ibikergal..............16 pts
Pocket................10 pts
Dominator13........5 pts
Rumpfy...............5 pts

Leaderboard with riders dropping their worst TT:
Rensho...............26 pts
JustJeff...............24 pts
FoggyGoggles.....22 pts
Jeffh...................20 pts
Ibikergal..............16 pts
Pocket................10 pts
Dominator13........5 pts
Rumpfy...............5 pts


This week, we're back at Kennedy. I've yet to witness someone pull off a sub 34 on this climb, even though the lore has some of the guys on this board at 33min and change. Meet at 6:15pm.
 

·
What would Pimpbot do?
Joined
·
364 Posts
rensho said:
I've yet to witness someone pull off a sub 34 on this climb....
Uh, wrong. I recall that the guy that pulled the sub34 passed you early on that climb in March 2007, so you likely did witness it, unless you blinked.

With that being said, that same guy will likely throw down a 35 or 36 tomorrow due to additional lbs from summer beer and BBQ.
 

·
Let's ride
Joined
·
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FoggyGoggles said:
Uh, wrong. I recall that the guy that pulled the sub34 passed you early on that climb in March 2007, so you likely did witness it, unless you blinked.
I certainly remember the day, but don't buy the sub 34. I remember it was in the 34s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Picking the right time this week will be critical, hmmmm..... what will it be

Do we try and push for a personal best :eek: or go some know conservative time ? :yawn:
 

·
VRC Illuminati
Joined
·
17,648 Posts
jeffh said:
Picking the right time this week will be critical, hmmmm..... what will it be

Do we try and push for a personal best :eek: or go some know conservative time ? :yawn:

I'm taking whatever time you take + 5 mins. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
6:15pm at the gate of the Kennedy climb. I'll try to be there if I can get away from work on time to get my bike.
I'll be slow after after 4 weeks vacation. 50 minutes?
JL
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,633 Posts
SS rebuilt - check
beers consumed during rebuild - many
hangover this am - slight to mild...with a touch of dry-mouth
new gearing - i'll either be faster.....or puking
goal - 42 minutes
 
G

·
HI

I Live in LG trashed my legs yesterday but Im think of showing up to check it out ( watch) anyway if thats OK, no Im not with doping control

BTW I heard rumor about ten years ago of a 29min climb time, hard to believe Im about 50 min tops myself


Mike
 

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
rensho said:
We have a low number of 42min. Anyone beatin that?
You all are a bunch of slow-asses. I wish I could make it down there today to show you what's what. 40 minutes? That's crazy. I'd do it in less than half that time.











Oh, wait... You're talking about how long it would take me to go UP the hill? Never mind.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,633 Posts
rensho said:
We have a low number of 42min. Anyone beatin that?
ummmm...let's see here.....you can beat that....jeffh can beat that.....GoogleyFoggles can crush that.....JL is sandbagging...he can beat that too.....grrrah can clobber that time too.....Plim....well, duh....no way he can beat that...he invented uphill slowmentum....;)...and heck - i'm not even sure i can do it...haven't been on the SS for 3 months...ugh

now....if beaverbiker and that alien Menso show up.....well, we know how that story ends.....
 

·
What would Pimpbot do?
Joined
·
364 Posts
diskus said:
...
BTW I heard rumor about ten years ago of a 29min climb time, hard to believe ...Mike
There is a pervasive rumor about Lars from Trailhead Cyclery breaking 30 minutes. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

I won't be surprised to see Menso do it someday. I've been under 35 minutes on 6 different occasions this year and Menso drops me at will on any climb. All indications are that he is only getting faster.

Most pro XC racers would break 30m right outta bed.
 

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
CHUM said:
Plim....well, duh....no way he can beat that...he invented uphill slowmentum....;)....
S'right. Going uphill quickly is indicative of a weak character, a criminal mind, a propensity to kill kittens, and just outright being a bad person. People who practice slowmentum, on the other hand, are honest, brave, helpful, good-looking, and true. :D

Have fun tonight. I'm rooting for Carmen in this little competition. She's fallen behind a bit, but there's still time for a strong finish!
 

·
The Angry Singlespeeder
Joined
·
136 Posts
Menso could break 30 minutes on a really good day. My teammate Brock can do it in just over 30 minutes - he could break 30 too if he was pushed. The fastest I can go is about 31 and some change. The key to going sub-30 is getting to the tree in 16 minutes or less. Back in the day Don Myrah, Dave Wyandt, Mike Matthews and Bryan Price all broke 30 easily. Actually, I think Myrah was closer to 25!!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,633 Posts
Genshammer said:
Menso could break 30 minutes on a really good day. My teammate Brock can do it in just over 30 minutes - he could break 30 too if he was pushed. The fastest I can go is about 31 and some change. The key to going sub-30 is getting to the tree in 16 minutes or less. Back in the day Don Myrah, Dave Wyandt, Mike Matthews and Bryan Price all broke 30 easily. Actually, I think Myrah was closer to 25!!!

you are ALL "pod-people"....period.....
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,633 Posts
OK...i SUCK! ....claimed i could pull off a personal best of 42 minutes.....doesn't matter that i haven't even ridden a SS for 3 months....and that i geared it up....i'm in better-than-average-shape......i can pop off 10K days....spend hours and hours in the saddle multiple days in a row....jeesh...how hard can a 4 mile 2000 footie climb be?????

i friggin' blew-up about a mile or so into the ride.....really 100% completely fragged.....seeing lil' black dots...couldn't even talk...and found it hard to stand when i had to stop...i prolly spent an easy 6 minutes besides my bike wondering if i could even finish the climb.....ugh.....totally devastated......i finished in 55+ minutes.....13 minutes over my guesstimate.....it's the pace.....the ungodly, unforgiving, unrelenting pace.....to say i am not used to "sprinting" is an understatement......time for more practice...gawd this is gonna hurt..ugh......

all the others that showed are fast bastids......except the ladies.....they're fast MTB chicas (not bastids at all ;))

good ride y'all...i'll do much better next time....i hope ;)
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top