Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come one come all. Come race the series, or just come out and upset the current standings. :)

As you can see, JustJeff has an early lead, but with 10 pts going to the winner each week, it is still wide open.

Leaderboard:
JustJeff 20 pts
Rensho 16 pts
Jeffh 12 pts
Ibikergal 10 pts
Pocket 7 pts
FoggyGoggles 4 pts

El Sereno, aka 'Sheldon's' is a nice climb, which I like better than Kennedy. It has shade, steep road sections, loose steep pitches, and cooler temps.

Meet at 6:15pm here

Park on Pennsylvania. There should be plenty of room.

Route:
Up Penn.
R-Wissa
L-Overlook
L-Sheldon(Google map is wrong there. Sheldon is just up Overlook about 1/2 past Madrone. There is no turning or looping before getting to Sheldon. (Sheldon is a steep uphill left U turn from Overlook.
Sheldon ends at the trailhead.
Continue sprinting through the gate and go to the top.

·
What would Pimpbot do?
364 Posts
There's better than a coin flip's chance that I will do the climb tonight. Do we start the clock in downtown LG or once we hit dirt? How many footies? Once I have that info, I'll throw down. Otherwise, I'll call it out at the start line.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Beautiful day for a climb. Weather was almost perfect down below, and slightly cool up top.

New rider showed up: Dominator13.

We had the usual suspects in ibikergal, jeffh, justjeff, foggygoogle,rensho.

I moved the start from the normal timing area to throw any ringers off; a basic tactic, but it proved to work. Hell, it worked on me. ;)

The throwdown:

Dominator13 51:38
Jeffh 50:00
ibikergal 1:05:00
Justjeff 1:08:00
Foggy 39:59!
Rensho 47:00

The start:

Justjeff minute 0
ibikergal minute 2
Dominator13 minute 7
Jeffh minute 9
Foggy minute 11
Rensho minute 12

Since I would never see Foggy until the top, and he would also beat his 2,4,9,11 minute men, he gets the stopwatch.

Everyone logged a new PR on the climb, even me sandbagging. Incredible performance from the group. We saw some pretty high heart rates.

Results:

1. Rensho 46:37 = 23sec gap
2. Foggy 39:13!!! = 46sec gap
3. ibikergal 1:03:15 = 1:45 gap
4. Dominator13 49:44 = 1:54 gap
5. Jeffh 45:36 = 4:24 gap (timing mistake by me on the mtn, had jeffh 1 minute later start)
6. Justjeff 1:03:04 = 4:56 gap

Leaderboard:
Rensho...............26 pts
JustJeff...............23 pts
Jeffh...................16 pts
Ibikergal..............16 pts
FoggyGoggles.....12 pts
Pocket................7 pts
Dominator13........5 pts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.