Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a Tsunami from the Japan quake, barreling down on the San Diego coast...the only prudent thing to do... was to head to higher ground.

Can't mess around with sh*t like that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm with you. You did the right thing - get out of harms way. Those Tsunami's can roll big rocks and everything!

·
Granny Gear Abuser
98 Posts
Nice rockstacle!

I am not sure it was POKING fun at the situation as much as dealing with the gravity of everything going on in the last day in his (their) own way.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It did come across like he was making light of the situation. Great pics....bad title choice. Questionable at best....

·
Rider down under
251 Posts
Nice pics. Love to see a shot slightly further into that roll down or a vid of that.
Looks like there's not much room to slow down once you've rolled it.
That cliff edge looks pretty close.
I think the title is funny.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My Mea Culpa

Whoa!

I guess that came across wrong.

It wasn't my intention to make light in any way, of the situation over there in Japan.

In retrospect...along with sharing a little ride stokeage...I could have instead shared something that I thought about on yesterday's ride.

And that's this... Life's a fragile thing. It's events like this, that underscore just how fragile life can be. And, that the rug can be pulled out from under us at any time.

I thought about how fortunate and appreciative I was, to be out playing on my bicycle, while across the globe...a real catastrophe was unfolding.

My bad.

Back to your regularly scheduled cyclocross bikes discussions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice Wolfhound! Looks like it fits you better than the Jones. How does the ride compared to the Jones? Any adjustment going from the loop bar back to a standard riser?
Great pics as always.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Aquaholic - Nothing offensive about a comment on getting out of the way of a Tsunami. Your intention was not to make light of a very tragic situation. That is evident in your original words.

Some choose to be offended by the anything they deem offendable. That seems to be promoted everywhere. "You offend me so YOU change." Rather than - "Maybe I need to lighten up and choose not to let trivialities offend me."

·
Snapper
489 Posts
Loosen up folks

Aqua was not making fun of a tragic situation rather offering some light relief from it all.
The thoughts of the entire world are with the people of Japan.
Is that the very charismatic Fo riding the WH?

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
Just not in Aqua's nature to be making light of the situation in Japan. Don't make an issue out of a simple bike related post.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.