Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
X-Ray Guy
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would putting too much PSI into the TST cartridge cause it to burst the bladder? I have a feeling i made this mistake. I put about 80 PSI within the catridge to get a really firm feel and when i released the pressure and changed my tas, and repumped, it would not accept any air.

·
MTB Monkey
339 Posts
Air does not go inside the TST cart. It should only have oil in it. And there is also oil in the leg outside TST, just for lubing the fork. The air pressure is outside the TST. If you opened up the fork, and now it will not hold air, you probably lost an O ring. There should be a small one at the top of the TST shaft where it goes into the top cap, and another on the outside of the top cap. There is one more at the bottom of the TST.

·
X-Ray Guy
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres exactly what i did

Emptied the air pressure out of the right leg
Changed my TAS to try it out
Tried to refill the right leg and it would not hold any pressure

So then

I opened the right leg and there was alot of oil sitting in the chamber and the bladders seems pretty flimsy...well very soft to the touch.

I will go open it up and check for the o-rings but im pretty sure they are all there, unless the air valve is what is broken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.