Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Woods? What's that? I'm still in Port Moller on the Alaska Peninsula, and the closest tree is a couple hundred miles east of here up by Becharof / Egegik. The interior sounds horrible. You guys have to watch out for Mt Spur though. I'll let you guys know if and when I'm coming up later in August.

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Hey tscheezy, I will be in Anchorage in August for a backpacking trip on part of the Iditarod trail. Any suggestions for dealing with bears, I havent had too many dealings and I have to confess I'm a little worried (OK, scared sh*tless)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yo Yo Yo Doooood.....

tscheezy said:
Woods? What's that? I'm still in Port Moller on the Alaska Peninsula, and the closest tree is a couple hundred miles east of here up by Becharof / Egegik. The interior sounds horrible. You guys have to watch out for Mt Spur though. I'll let you guys know if and when I'm coming up later in August.
The interior has been a bit smoky, but overall great weather. On the up side, it was one of the worst bug years in memory till the smoke came, then they skeeters skedaddled and haven't been back.

Thought of you twice last week--first time I was just gonna weld up a fuel stand for the Kodiak neighbors real quick and I was wearing sandals--burned the poop out of my toe.

Second time I'm sitting in the local Calf Eh and a guy pulls in with an RV with a smashed up step. I asked him what he drug it over and he told me a great story.

Stay dry.

Ken

ps:

The AK board is talking about a mini gathering.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Wombat- I'm personally a devotee of a nice big fat can of bear spray (pepper spray) attached to the shoulder strap of a camelbak in such a way that it can be instantly deployed. The stuff works. Ever had your face plunged into molten lava? It's kinda like that.

Ken- I will get back to the rock in early Sept, then try to catch a Ferry up to the mainland. I hope to see some of you guys. I will try to get over the Alaska forum, but it just has not grabbed me yet. As a devotee of alternative two wheeled conveyance, you may be glad to hear I am about to get a recumbent, likely a Bacchetta Giro.

Cool, grey, dampish, humid summer out here. Nothing noteworthy except the unearthly calm of NO WIND all summer. Flipping weird, that part.

Take care and stay in touch, and remember not to eat the cardboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.