Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dude...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to plan a cross country trip home from CT to MT, and want to stop in NC for some biking at Tsali, Dupont, Pisgah on the way.. Sort of a biking cross country trip, stopping in texas and some other places on the way to vegas,moab,fruita,boulder, etc..

Anyways, are the trails ridable late January? I don't care about temperature, just snow.. Mud's fine too, especially if it's frozen.. I may be able to postpone the trip for a month or two if the weather is going to be sh!tty.. I've been looking online a lot and the riding there seems to be pretty sweet..

Also, where are some good/cheap places to camp around there?

thanks,

Jesse

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Jessep said:
I'm trying to plan a cross country trip home from CT to MT, and want to stop in NC for some biking at Tsali, Dupont, Pisgah on the way.. Sort of a biking cross country trip, stopping in texas and some other places on the way to vegas,moab,fruita,boulder, etc..

Anyways, are the trails ridable late January? I don't care about temperature, just snow.. Mud's fine too, especially if it's frozen.. I may be able to postpone the trip for a month or two if the weather is going to be sh!tty.. I've been looking online a lot and the riding there seems to be pretty sweet..

Also, where are some good/cheap places to camp around there?

thanks,

Jesse
It's all pretty much ride-able during that time of the year...though parts of Dupont especially some of the slick rock areas can become kinda dicey, i mean icy if the temps are below freezing...but there have been years were temps are in the 40's 50s even low 60's in January. it's a roll of the dice with the weather around here. Nice thing about Tsali in the winter trails are pretty much empty... Should come out in Feb and do the Icycle Race there at Fontana (near Tsali) good time

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
M-U-M said:
In case you were considering it - they normaly lock up the camp ground and shut the water off in November.
Yeah if your looking to camp Davidson River does have two loops they keep open year round...we did a January camp one year it was 40's in the day and low 26 at night...those Hot showers were nice! froze getting out though!:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.