Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be near Tsali this weekend and am wondering which Tsali trail is best for a beginner. I ride a good bit, but my wife wants to ride also, so I need to know what loop would be the best for a beginner. Based on what I have seen, it looks like only the left and right loops will be open the days we are able to ride.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
39 Posts
tsali is a great ride it is very smooth and easy to maitain speed, but on weekends it can be crowded. I would definaltly recommend it if you are in the area.

·
Registered
118 Posts
For a beginner, I'd recommend the right loop, only because there are break outs at about 4 and 8 miles and the trail back is just about all DH double track.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Based on what I have seen, it looks like only the left and right loops will be open the days we are able to ride.

Taking that into consideration: Left Loop will give you lake views, summer breezes, photo ops and less mud if it rains. Plus, you can cut out at County Line Road. The new rider would eventually get a nice double track downhill run. If an older female with a hangover a bad leg riding solo can do it – anybody with desire to ride can.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Right loop

I did the right loop with my wife a few years ago and she was ok on it. It's pretty easy, but she manged to fall on a couple of small roots that were no perpendicular to the trail. I think it was a 14 mile ride to the overlook and back on the fire road. My mistake was giving slightly under estimating the mileage to the overlook and putting a working bike computer on her bike...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. I'm really looking forward to going - it should be a lot of fun. Lets just hope we have good weather.

Any other suggestions out there???

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'll second the Right loop. I took my girlfriend on it who generally doesn't do more than 5 miles locally and she was able to complete the whole thing with only a few spills.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts