Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I need some help understanding if these forks come ready to ride? I've done a lot of research and I keep reading that when you get these forks they come with oil, but RockShox doesn't put the 6 ml of oil that is needed in the fork? I guess there's oil in them but, it's low when you get them? I understand I need a shock pump to get my required psi per weight, but do I need to drop the lowers and add oil, before I install this fork? I bought the 15w to have on hand regardless, I just think that's crazy if you get this fork and it isn't ready to go! Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i never heard this, i bought a rock shox solo air and never added any oil to it and it rides fine
I read a few reviews online that say they come with low oil in them, but I already received it and installed it, and it was good to go! I picked up some 15w fork oil just to have anyways, but I wasn't that familiar with Rockshox, that's why I asked... I think it was just people talking crap. Anyways, how do you like it? It's not bad for a 200 shock!! I like it a lot. I think the solo air makes all the difference in the world with the xc32

1 - 3 of 3 Posts