Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yawl,

I am trying to mount my new BB7 brakes on an old Mars Bomber fork that has the 51mm spacing mounting holes for the brakes. I just now noticed that the mounting holes are threadless. How in the hell am I supposed to attach the brakes?

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
TrailBlaza said:
Hey Yawl,

I am trying to mount my new BB7 brakes on an old Mars Bomber fork that has the 51mm spacing mounting holes for the brakes. I just now noticed that the mounting holes are threadless. How in the hell am I supposed to attach the brakes?
hehe.. look at the brake adapter instead :p
caliper mounts inboard of the IS mount - screw heads outboard

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Yup....

the adapter is threaded not the IS mounts on the fork. The adapter mounts inboard of the tabs with the bolts going through to the adapter from the outside. :thumbsup:

Good Dirt

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
51mm IS holes

TrailBlaza said:
I don't know what is up with these freaken brakes. The mounting holes arent even spaced 51mm apart, they are like 49mm or something. Just plain stupid
they are measured from center to center - by chance are you measuring in between? I doubt there's anything wrong with the adapter... maybe something w/ the forks? how old are those bombers?
maybe some pics of the adapter next to the fork's tabs would help us diagnose

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
highdelll said:
they are measured from center to center - by chance are you measuring in between? I doubt there's anything wrong with the adapter... maybe something w/ the forks? how old are those bombers?
maybe some pics of the adapter next to the fork's tabs would help us diagnose
I am sorry, my anger was supposed to be directed at the fork and not the brakes :) The fork tabs are definitely not 51mm apart and I don't think I will be able to drill enough to get to that distance. Looks like I am going to just upgrade my fork

Thanks for the help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.