Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Dude abides
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....I don't have wooden studs in the ceiling, I have metal!!:madman: . Instead of being solid like wood, the metal is in a "C" shape, so there isn't enough material thickness on the bottom of the "C" for the threads in the hook to properly grip. If I had to guess it's probably less than .090 thick. I really don't want to use a wall rack but it looks like I might have to. Have any of you had this problem or have suggestions on what I can do?? I'm really strapped for space and I need a way to hang 2 bikes that will take up as little space as possible.

·
The Dude abides
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!
Brown, are you saying to attach a 2x4 to the ceiling with a bunch of sheet metal screws and then thread the bike hook into the 2x4?? That might be a good idea but that would be a ton of sheet metal screws and a pretty long section of 2x4, no? I think I may have to go with the wall rack.

·
Registered
181 Posts
coloradocoullion said:
Thanks!
Brown, are you saying to attach a 2x4 to the ceiling with a bunch of sheet metal screws and then thread the bike hook into the 2x4?? That might be a good idea but that would be a ton of sheet metal screws and a pretty long section of 2x4, no? I think I may have to go with the wall rack.
i would imagine that you'd only need a couple screws on each end.

Barring that, REALLY BIG MAGNETS. ;)

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
Keep it simple and remember most all construction is on 16" centers so if you can find the center only a few screws will do the trick. Key is to find the studs, magents work but if its a steel sheet a small hammer and a good ear might find the prized anchors, good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.