Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New bike, Stans conversion kit and I don't think they sent me the right kit. Judging by the way the tire fits, I would think I need a wider rim strip.

The wheel is a Sun Ring ringle inferno 27 , 650b wheel, and is 27mm wide. They sent me the Standard Stans conversion kit. I'm thinking I should have got the Enduro, Freeride or Flow kit instead. image.jpg

Hopefully this pic will say 1000 words.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, the other day their site didn't even list 650b. Well time to figure out my next big order of parts.

Odd, just looked and the Freeride strip is Schrader valve, my wheel is Presta. I wish Stans would reply to my email.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Btw, can someone post a photo on how the rim strip is supposed to fit the wheel. Does it just run to the edge or turn the 90 up the edge to the bead lock.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Thank you, the other day their site didn't even list 650b. Well time to figure out my next big order of parts.

Odd, just looked and the Freeride strip is Schrader valve, my wheel is Presta. I wish Stans would reply to my email.
Makes you wonder if they have ever tested it with the Inferno since it isn't even the correct valve stem...

The Enduro seems like it would be a better choice, doesn't sound like Stans really knows.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the Enduro kit the other day, I can pinch the sides in a easily release pressure, needs to be a couple mm wider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts