Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an 05 VP Free and want to get into a Nomad to better fit my local trails, problem is I can only keep 1 bike in the stable at a time. I've tried to sell it on Ebay twice and it never got over $1100. I've got way to much in it to let it go for that little.
My description is good w all the info I can think of and 4 or 5 pix.
Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Also would it sell faster if I just parted out the frame and used my other components to build up the new frame?

Let me know whatcha think, Thanx all !

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
rokhound said:
I currently have an 05 VP Free and want to get into a Nomad to better fit my local trails, problem is I can only keep 1 bike in the stable at a time. I've tried to sell it on Ebay twice and it never got over $1100. I've got way to much in it to let it go for that little.
My description is good w all the info I can think of and 4 or 5 pix.
Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Also would it sell faster if I just parted out the frame and used my other components to build up the new frame?

Let me know whatcha think, Thanx all !
you could buy my frame and then use your parts to put it together-that way you'd have the best of both worlds; a VP Free and a Nomad; this is truly a chance of a lifetime:D send me an email of pm if you're interested; this is your lucky day. :thumbsup:

·
truth seeker
206 Posts
Sell the frame

If you're happy with the components on your Free and they're in decent shape, keep them for your Nomad.

You should be able to get at least $900 for a VP-Free frame in decent condition.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turtle 1 said:
you could buy my frame and then use your parts to put it together-that way you'd have the best of both worlds; a VP Free and a Nomad; this is truly a chance of a lifetime:D send me an email of pm if you're interested; this is your lucky day. :thumbsup:
I need the $ from the VP Free to help pay for the nomad. p.m. me how much for the frame and ehat size. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reptile said:
If you're happy with the components on your Free and they're in decent shape, keep them for your Nomad.

You should be able to get at least $900 for a VP-Free frame in decent condition.
As I said I tried ebay and only got up to about $1100 for the whole bike and its in great shape.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
rokhound said:
As I said I tried ebay and only got up to about $1100 for the whole bike and its in great shape.
i don't like to see anyone loosing money on a good frame or bike-especially when money is tight; ebay is like a big vultures convention. pm sent

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just sold my Blur LT frame on the local Craigslist, so that I could buy a Nomad. I had a couple of offers within 24 hours of listing my frame. I had a pretty nice component spec on it, and it made way more sense to keep the components to build up the Nomad than to try and build up an entirely new bike.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Some incompatibility?

Reptile said:

Some stuff from the Free may not swap. The rear wheel/hub won't transfer...right? I forget now, but does the Free have a 68/73 BB shell? I didn't search any for a description on this particular Free...does it have a taller dual crown fork?...again, maybe not a great swap for what the OP wants in a Nomad setup. I'm not sure what the OP had on his Free currently, but more times than not Frees are often set up with heavier duty components for obvious reasons, and more times than not, people want a slightly lighter spec on their Nomads. Just a thought.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Use what you can from the VP Free. Sell the VP Free as the frame only, and "refer to check other auctions" for the wheels, etc.. that is specific for the VP Free. Start the auction at .99-individuals will get hooked into the bidding during the last hours vs. starting out at a high price or "buy it now".

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
agreed!

Turtle 1 said:
Love having both. Nomad set up for aggro XC, and the VP-Free for F/R & DH!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ScottJensen said:
what size vp free ya have? i maybe interester in frame. or whole bike for that matter. e mail me. [email protected] thanksss
Its a medium red powder coat, has all new rear drivetrain and chain(11/34 rear cogset)(22/32 up front w bash gaurd) HADLEY GOLD ANO rear hub w MAYBE 65 mi on it, 8" rotors, Shermin F fork,and a Fox dhx coil in the rear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.