Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new here and having trouble figuring out how to go about finding a product.
So I have a 2008 Era titus racer x 26er and my magura marta rear brake took a crap. What do I need to put a new brake system on the bike? B

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,331 Posts
are those 51mm apart ? then any brake that fits 51mm IS mounts (also frequently called IS tabs)

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
So I just need a 51 mm adapter
That is correct. Your bike has an IS (International Standard) mount. Mountain brakes are now all Post Mount. You need an IS to Post Mount adapter which are very easy to find, they used to come with every brake, but not anymore. You just have to get the correct one for your rotor size. I assume your rear rotor is a 160mm. It really doesn't matter what brand you get as long as its for the correct rotor size.

Reactions: phlegm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is correct. Your bike has an IS (International Standard) mount. Mountain brakes are now all Post Mount. You need an IS to Post Mount adapter which are very easy to find, they used to come with every brake, but not anymore. You just have to get the correct one for your rotor size. I assume your rear rotor is a 160mm. It really doesn't matter what brand you get as long as its for the correct rotor size.

Sweet thank you for helping me it's all confusing nowadays since things have changed so much!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.