Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, well i have just come back from a ride with the bike coated in mud and remember seeing someone here with a mud guard called a fugly.What i want to know is how good are they and where can i get one from.Looking forward to any input.
Oh and by the way the ride was great and considering its the middle of winter over here it wasnt to cold either,-2 degrees when i started out

Cheers all

Kiwi

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
I been sending out tester models to get feedback but I think the overseas postage might be a bit steep (I'm in CA, USA). You might consider making your own, that webpage should give you a good idea of shape and installation, the key is the cut that goes around the crank rings so you don't affect your shifting and finding a sheet of plastic that you can cut and shape. I have a few left off the first production run (limited color selection) PM me if you want one sent out, you can paypal or mail me the postage charge.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Brown_Teeth said:
Here is 60% of the stable. Few more but can't get it in the frame I use it always, wet or dry it helps keep the drivetrain clean and crasp from kicking up into one's face, enjoy those rides!
BT, don't you hurt the protection with the chainring on the yellow bike?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is why i ask about them

this is the result of a ride i did on Tuesday,by the end of it certain parts were not working properly so i want to protect them a little bit more.

By the way i still had heaps of fun on the ride.

Kiwi

Attachments

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
You are asking for trouble if you don't protect that Idrive pivot, its not sealed and is a bit of a pain to take apart and clean. Fugly would definately help or you might try some clear plastic wrap around that large pivot to protect the bearing, good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.