Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any leads on where I can purchase a fat bike? All bike shops are out of stock. I like the Fezzari Kings Peak but even that shows a 10 month wait time. If there are no other options, I will go for the Fezzari and plan to have it for next winter. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
since 4/10/2009
30,817 Posts
end of winter is generally not a good time of year to find fatbikes in stock. what you do find is likely to be random sizes, old stock, etc. this year probably especially bad when bike demand generally high. shops are generally trying to gear up for spring about now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Salsa says midsummer for medium sized Beargrease frames,they also said they are cool with various dealers shipping bikes now.you might also try contacting Fatback,the web store doesn’t show out of stock but says they may have to substitute equal parts to get a bike put together.
You might also shoot for a used bike to get going right away. Probably wouldn’t loose any value if you wanted a new one later

·
Registered
933 Posts
100% recommend Growler fat bikes. 110% actually. Growler Performance Bikes
My xxl size 27.5 x 4.5 Stout is made in the USA! It took a few weeks extra due to the size but often they have "normal" people sizes in stock. Custom colors. I'm SUPER happy with the customer service too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have any leads on where I can purchase a fat bike? All bike shops are out of stock. I like the Fezzari Kings Peak but even that shows a 10 month wait time. If there are no other options, I will go for the Fezzari and plan to have it for next winter. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
The manufacturers websites often list where you can buy the bikes. Where they are in stock. Trek listed the Farley in Large at a couple of stores a few hours drive away, when I was looking. There were none local and new stock wasn't expected until summer.

You might be buying a bike cross country and working with the store to have it shipped.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you can wait until summer, IMO Borealis makes some of the very best fat bikes. I've been on them for years.

Fat Tire Bike - Fat Mountain Bike - Borealis Fat Bikes

·
Registered
117 Posts
The used market is starting to pick up. It will really accelerate in March-April as people sell their fat bikes to fund the latest in full suspension. Excellent deals are to had. I'm in the Twin Cities, fat bike heaven, and I'm seeing good bikes at $1400+ and very good bikes at $2300+.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
778 Posts
Try fat bike trader on facebook for a used bike or Otsocycles.com is you want to spend some $ on a great bike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So many awesome replies! Thanks so much everyone! I'll give all those options a shot.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a Growler Nitro Stout Carbon! Can't wait to get it! Thanks again for the suggestions.
You will NOT be disappointed.

My ONLY advice is to ask of they can ship it by UPS vs. Fedex. Fedex is NOT fun right now. Congrats again!

·
Murica Man
Do it for Dale (#3)
451 Posts
If you can wait until summer, IMO Borealis makes some of the very best fat bikes. I've been on them for years.

Fat Tire Bike - Fat Mountain Bike - Borealis Fat Bikes
ummm...

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,549 Posts
I’ve got a size small Surly Pugsley. Let me know if you’re interested. Shipping is going to be a ***** though. I am in the Bay Area in California.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,021 Posts
There are a few smaller custom shops out there like LaMere that could likely build you one up with the options you choose and ship it to you in short order. Lightest Carbon Fat Bike
Yup, I got one of those sitting on my deck with cracks in it. Do yourself a favor and just get a frame direct from one of the reputable manufacturers in China, like XMcarbonspeed, rather than buying from LaMere, who is just selling you the same exact thing (generic chinese frame). Near as I can tell, there aren't huge shortages if you are willing to build your own bike.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,021 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a Growler Nitro Stout Carbon! Can't wait to get it! Thanks again for the suggestions.
Or you can order the frame directly from XMCarbonSpeed, CS197.

But I understand that it's easier for some people to do pre-built bikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Or you can order the frame directly from XMCarbonSpeed, CS197.

But I understand that it's easier for some people to do pre-built bikes.
I actually don't mind building up my bikes as I've got two sitting in my garage that I built up...a GT I-drive and a Giant carbon road bike. It was a lot of fun but much more expensive than buying a pre-built bike.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts