Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to know what you call shocks that hav some kind of switch where u can make the shock really stiff

i dont of this is a specific type of shock or just a feature that some shocks offer

im sorry i dont got any more info

thanx in advance

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lockout or Stable Platform

It's called a lockout feature. Some even have what is called a remote lockout where the switch for the cable actuater is mounted on the bar. The new technology is what is called Stable Platform and allows the shock to be virtually locked out until you hit a bump that activates the shock. Some offer adjustability in what is called the "threshold" of what size impact will activate the shock whereby you raise or lower airpressure to increase or decrease the that value.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx oh yeah is there shock with the lockout feature that just lockout and dont react when a bump is hit

i ask this because i want this featue on a hardtail plan to buy that i wll use for mtb and road riding (of course road w/different tires) so i would lockout the shock on road

thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.