Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Why so uptite?
Joined
·
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to decide between the:

Rockshox Reba

Fox F100RLT

Manitou R7

I like parts of each fork and i am not sure which on to buy. Suggestions?

This is for my Superlight that has a Push'd Fox rear shock.

thanks.
 

·
Angry bunny
Joined
·
4,948 Posts
EBG 18T said:
trying to decide between the:

Rockshox Reba

Fox F100RLT

Manitou R7

I like parts of each fork and i am not sure which on to buy. Suggestions?

This is for my Superlight that has a Push'd Fox rear shock.

thanks.
Looked at the Fox but ended up running the Reba SL U-turn on mine.
Could not be happier.
Air adjustable.
85 - 115mm of travel adjustable externally.
Lockout, but with blow off in the event of a big hit while locked.
32mm stanchions.
Waaay cheaper than the Fox without sacrificing features or weight.

 

·
Why so uptite?
Joined
·
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. can you measure from the center of the front axle to the bottom of the steer tube for me on your reba setup? I want to see what the length of this fork is compared to the others. I don't want to raise the front end of my bike anymore than it is now.
 

·
Angry bunny
Joined
·
4,948 Posts
EBG 18T said:
thanks. can you measure from the center of the front axle to the bottom of the steer tube for me on your reba setup? I want to see what the length of this fork is compared to the others. I don't want to raise the front end of my bike anymore than it is now.
At what travel???

The Superlight is originally made for an 80mm fork but moire recently for a 100mm fork.
I run mine at 100mm most of the time and adjust it down to 85mm if I am climbing or doing lots of fireroad riding.

Length is approx 470mm at 85mm.
 

·
Why so uptite?
Joined
·
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TR said:
At what travel???

The Superlight is originally made for an 80mm fork but moire recently for a 100mm fork.
I run mine at 100mm most of the time and adjust it down to 85mm if I am climbing or doing lots of fireroad riding.

Length is approx 470mm at 85mm.
sorry. i forgot to add at 100mm of travel. Thanks.
 

·
mtbr platinum member
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
458 (85mm setting), 473 (100mm setting), 488mm (115mm setting) axle-crown. A good site here to compare the axle to crown measurements.
 

·
Why so uptite?
Joined
·
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bikerx40 said:
458 (85mm setting), 473 (100mm setting), 488mm (115mm setting) axle-crown. A good site here to compare the axle to crown measurements.
thanks ryan. I left a mssg on friday with the mtn high cycles guy to see what kind of prices he has. I still haven't heard back. But after your story with him i think i will call him again tomarrow. I have a feeling this Reba will work out well as long as i can get a model with bosses.

I went riding this morning and now the sid is leaking severly, it appears i lost all the oil and all the air in the 1 side. I guess that was my notice to get my act together and get some new parts ASAP..
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top