Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
TRANCER
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Oleta yesterday & there were a few people doing some jumpsi think where its called area 51, Right after Stairway to Heaven in Robinsons Ridge & everyone was taking turns & of course i had to try to be the one to go the furthest & the highest and on the 4th run( i had done it 3 times already awesome. I had to try to keep getting higher and further i whiped out nasty. I havent felt that kind of pain since i was about 15 to 16 years old. Again i remembered how it felt to be bruised and scraped up on the elbows, knees, etc. And i must say it kinda felt great :D What actually hurt me the most was looking at my bike right after the crash :mad: hahaha Bent front rim, broken brake lever & right shifter. And maybe my handlebars are a bit bent. Not a huge deal but damn it hurt to see my baby in that condition :madman:

Attachments

·
TRANCER
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW Jeffzelaya i thought of your video when i ate it :D My problem was i think i got way too much speed and went way too far on that jump and my bike started to tild way too much to the front and when i landed it was too much on my front wheel.

G

·
Hey Bio, you do know that that MTB of yours was not built for jumping jumplines like FR or DJ bikes are??? :nono:.....:lol: :lol: :lol: Wow bro! You just got that bike.

Do you want to borrow one of my steeds bro? LOL

Where are the pics of the battle wounds?

G

·
I wish I had those scratches! Yesterday after hucking a drop and then hammering a steep jump I crashed on the jump and got all tangled up in my sled and messed up a few ribs, screwed up my left hip a bit again, and a few good bruises, but no bleeding. Yes, no bleeding, and I was just as shocked. Several riders out there, but my son was the only one that saw the whole thing. I do not crash that much and it is rare to see me crash, but I have had several good ones. Heck, I just got out my stitches out from my left hip a month ago from my last wipe out of a flat drop. This year I have had some good ones, and two of them have put me down from riding for a total of 5 months earlier this year.

Well, its all good as long as we are having fun. Right bro? :D

Glad to hear you survived it though, but I bet that was an awesome crash! Heh? :D

·
TRANCER
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i have alot of scratches also on my whole front torso as i landed face down on clay and rocks basically on my chest. My ribs are in pain big time. But yeah i had a blast. Very well worth it :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
My Wife Laughs at me every ride.

I was at oleta 5 weeks ago and endo'd off a 6 ft drop on Gator Bank.

It took me 15 minutes to get off the ground. My ribs still hurt.

I went out and purchased knee and shin pads. The best investment ever. Its really cut down on the black and blues.

I am 40 going on 16 and until your in it you just don't understand.

Too bad you cant lizard skin the whole bike.

·
DILLIGAF
506 Posts
If you are trying to progress your riding crashing is going to happen.

3 years ago I broke both lower bones in my leg. You could see bone where it was coming through the skin, NASTY. I did get a very cool Ti upgrade out of the deal, they had to pop my knee cap off and insert a Ti rod into the hollow center of the Tibia and screw it in place (you can see the screw heads just under the skin on my ankle, cool!) It happened in the middle of nowhere in North Carolina and took 5 hours to get me out. Good times, good times...

·
aka übermensch
309 Posts
msimmons said:

3 years ago I broke both lower bones in my leg. You could see bone where it was coming through the skin, NASTY. I did get a very cool Ti upgrade out of the deal, they had to pop my knee cap off and insert a Ti rod into the hollow center of the Tibia and screw it in place (you can see the screw heads just under the skin on my ankle, cool!) It happened in the middle of nowhere in North Carolina and took 5 hours to get me out. Good times, good times...
That's one hell of a way to get a Ti upgrade. :eek:

·
Registered
476 Posts
msimmons said:

How in the hell did you manage that?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Biohazard74 said:
I had to try to keep getting higher and further i whiped out nasty. I havent felt that kind of pain since i was about 15 to 16 years old. Again i remembered how it felt to be bruised and scraped up on the elbows, knees, etc.
That's what you get from laughing at me everytime I fall HAHAHHA :D :nono:

Just kidding babe, u were a bloody and muddy mess!:eekster:

G

·
~J~ said:
That's what you get from laughing at me everytime I fall HAHAHHA :D :nono:

Just kidding babe, u were a bloody and muddy mess!:eekster:
Get him ~J~! Now its your turn to laugh it up.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Heal bro and ride again!

·
Registered
29 Posts
ChiliPepper1 said:
Get him ~J~! Now its your turn to laugh it up.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Heal bro and ride again!
Yeah! Too bad I missed it! I woulda loved to have filmed that, but I'm still recovering from a fall from 5 weeks ago myself. He's fine today, like nothing ever happened, the only hurt one is the trance!

·
DILLIGAF
506 Posts
OSOK said:
How in the hell did you manage that?
I wish I could say doing something cool and/or stupid...

I hit a root section with some speed (I had been through this section probably 500 times or more in the last decade or so), dew still on the ground, roots are slimy, out went the front tire and I threw a foot down to catch the fall. My foot planted and stayed while the rest of me just kept going. Sounded like a wood bat getting broken. My riding partners (1 in front and 1 behind) both said they that heard it go.

·
TRANCER
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RSANT994 said:
Area 51 is one of my favorite drops and jump in Oleta. I just wish it was angled more so that i could go further out than higher up.
Like 2 weeks ago there were a couple of kids doing those jumps. They musta been 12 years old and maybe 60 lbs wet & their pockets full of pebbles. And they were flying very far on those jumps. But yeah, i know what you mean.

·
TRANCER
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
msimmons said:
I wish I could say doing something cool and/or stupid...

I hit a root section with some speed (I had been through this section probably 500 times or more in the last decade or so), dew still on the ground, roots are slimy, out went the front tire and I threw a foot down to catch the fall. My foot planted and stayed while the rest of me just kept going. Sounded like a wood bat getting broken. My riding partners (1 in front and 1 behind) both said they that heard it go.
I just shribbled up reading that :cryin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts