Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some advice please

Me and my riding buddy are really keen to look at doing a weekend ride out/camp somewhere in the UK. Neither of us have ever done or planned anything like this before as we are both “a few hours down the local red route” kind of riders but would like to expand our mtb experience.

We would look to drive somewhere on a Friday, camp that night and then do a day’s riding then camp again with a BBQ, some (a lot probably!) beers then drive back on the Sunday.
Having never done anything thing like this before of course I googled and places such as Nan Bield Pass, Cut Gate Path and Howgill Fells keep popping up.

Are we looking at the right type of places for this maiden excursion or should we be looking elsewhere.

Basically looking for some advise on what, where and how we could make this happen?

Thanks all.

·
old skool newbie
857 Posts
You're on the right track but since the question is specific to the UK it may be better asked in that forum.

It depends on what part of the country you're in, but there aren't many places to wild camp in the UK and usually people stay in campgrounds. Try searching for trails you're interested in exploring than search for somewhere nearby to camp. Or vice versa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.