Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
I am a beginner frerider and have just made a jump. I havn't tryed it out yet and thats what this is about. How should I do it? sould I do a dead sailor or turn my wheel in the air? I have alredy done a dead sailor and busted my a**. Im going to try it again but I don't know wheather I should do a dead Sailor again or was I doing something wrong? I know I should have pulled up my wheel some more and get a bit more speed. I guess you would call it a gap, but I used a ladder type method and built a little bridge going down a hill so that theres a drop at the end. The drop is about 3 feet but you get a sick amount of distance with the right amount of speed. Even I who went to slow got a ton of distance. Anyway I just wanted to build a good foundation so I can build up to the big stuff.

-
THANKS!

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Didn't you post this exact same thread a couple days ago?

Anyway, a drop and a jump are two entirely different things. Can you wheelie or manual? Just pull up as your rolling off so that your wheels are level in the air, or with your front tire up a bit more than the back.

Don't worry about what you're doing in the air right now, whether you dead sailor it or turn your wheel isn't going to make a bit of difference.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
coma13 said:
Didn't you post this exact same thread a couple days ago?

Anyway, a drop and a jump are two entirely different things. Can you wheelie or manual? Just pull up as your rolling off so that your wheels are level in the air, or with your front tire up a bit more than the back.

Don't worry about what you're doing in the air right now, whether you dead sailor it or turn your wheel isn't going to make a bit of difference.
Yes I know how to wheelie but I don't know what or how to Manual. Also I did not post the same reveiw, I posted a thread and someone told me that you should turn your wheel in the air but I wasn't sure if I should do it when first try out a new homemade jump.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
If you're afraid of casing it, the first few times just slightly keep your front end up and brace impacts with arms and legs...

Personally, my biggest drop to tranny is like 5 feet... I usually just bunny hop off and land like on a jump.

That's the only way I can do it without my neck or wrists hurting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.