Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

They put up a fence around the first part of TRW and decided that Mountain Biking near the TRW plant is a threat to Homeland Security. I have many things I could say but I won't. It is sad to see a trail I have rode for 10 + years get fenced off. Luckily, there is an alternate route now available. Just my 2 cents. Anyone else have an opinion?

·
recovering roadie
606 Posts
Where's the alternate route? Will it be obvious?

harcuvar said:
Well,

They put up a fence around the first part of TRW and decided that Mountain Biking near the TRW plant is a threat to Homeland Security. I have many things I could say but I won't. It is sad to see a trail I have rode for 10 + years get fenced off. Luckily, there is an alternate route now available. Just my 2 cents. Anyone else have an opinion?

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
Hey! What about the rest of us???

How about posting the alternate route for the rest of us... :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't want to offend anyone as some people are picky about forbidden trails. Here is the info. I rode the trail backwards and found that the east side of the hill drops to a small dirt road which spits out into a cul-de-sac in the neighborhood. If you follow Recker around to Tinto and then take Tinto left to Rainier it dead ends into the cul-de-sac where the start of the trail is. Go across the little bridge, head left up the dirt road and then left at the junction point of the new security fence. You will then end up on the trail and can take it to Power. It looks like several people have already found it. It is nice that you can still ride, but a lot of the fun whoops are now gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts