Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Truvativ DH bottom Bracket with the 113mm spindle. I've been noticing a lot of clicking coming from the left crank side. The bolt that holds the crank in keeps loosening also and I torqued it to the correct specs. I also tried loctite and that still didn't hold it in. I don't know if the BB is just **** now or what. Does anyone have advice. Its on a P2 by the way with the standard Husselfeldt ISIS cranks. I'm debating junking it and getting a new setup with BMX style cranks.

Ian

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
jibber54520 said:
I recently bought a Truvativ DH bottom Bracket with the 113mm spindle. I've been noticing a lot of clicking coming from the left crank side. The bolt that holds the crank in keeps loosening also and I torqued it to the correct specs. I also tried loctite and that still didn't hold it in. I don't know if the BB is just **** now or what. Does anyone have advice. Its on a P2 by the way with the standard Husselfeldt ISIS cranks. I'm debating junking it and getting a new setup with BMX style cranks.

Ian
What's bb shell width on your frame? Are you running any spacers between the BB shell flange and the frame?

If you have a 73 mil bb shell width and run spacers, you may not have enough spindle sticking out, which could cause your problem...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.