Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey i was doing some research and this seemed good on the Sram website. light weight and seems good.

can anyone comment if this is a good bottom bracket? i just got a frame and unsure which BB to buy or any recommendation.

i want something that is hassle free preferably. i will ride trails, and urban riding. No nasty weather since i am not that hardcore.

Also can someone tell me what size i should buy? the frame is a Medium size 2007 Norco Rampage

i know i dont have the right measurement tool :p

I also see a this on ebay Truvativ Giga Pipe Team SLTruvativ Giga Pipe Team SL for 27 dollars would that be last years model since its no in the main sram website

what will my crank selection be if i use this BB ?

thanks in advance for the time everyone.

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
Try looking for a Shimano Deore LX Hollowtech II crankset, on eBay. It has the one-piece hollow spindle crankset, with the outboard bearing cups. They will fit your 68mm BB shell. I paid $55/used for mine(Shimano FC-M542) and they sre stiff, quiet, and the torque can be felt the moment you turn the cranks. You can also ask your LBS if they have any take-offs(crankset/BB upgrades, from customers) lying around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.