Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Truvativ Team Stylo's and the left side keeps coming loose. Even falling off if I am not careful. I have tried two different bottom brackets. I have changed the crank bolts. I have torqued it the specified amount but nothing seems to work permanently. Has anybody experienced this or have a solution?

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Haystack Calhoun said:
I have a set of Truvativ Team Stylo's and the left side keeps coming loose. Even falling off if I am not careful. I have tried two different bottom brackets. I have changed the crank bolts. I have torqued it the specified amount but nothing seems to work permanently. Has anybody experienced this or have a solution?
Use steel bolts and purple or blue Loctite, removal is not a problem.

Monte

·
X-Ray Guy
363 Posts
yeh i have a set of Truvativs that use to come loose alot of the left side too so i finally bought some blue loctite and first time it came loose and then i cleaned everything really well and let it cure for a little extra time than recommended and now i barely ever have a probly but i still check it to make sure once a week or so. Really improved my situation though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.