Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldnt wait for the Reba team to come in so I put on a sid team with some other older parts and hammered out 33 km on the Truth. Well those who said 100mm fork is better for the Truth are right. I felt like the bike was slighty low in the front putting a tad of pressure on my hands. Cant wait for the Reba. Other things I noted is the climbing ability of this machine, especially on tech rocky climbs, what a beast. I was climbing pretty much in the same gear as with my Klein HT, but with much more comfort (Im always on the seat). Will post picks when the build is done. Cheers

·
Registered
363 Posts
Glad you like your new ride. I have a Fox Float on mine set at 100mm. One thing I did do was put on some Ergon grips. Wow, are they comfortable. I don't konw if anybody else is riding with these grips, but they let you steer with pretty much every part of your hands easily. It's almost like having bar ends when you're tired and just leaning on the grips. Check them out, I highly recommend them.

·
Time is not a road.
4,141 Posts
The Ergon's look real promising, but I haven't been able to find many dealers. Maybe I should just try to get my LBS to order some. Hand pain sux!

Can't wait for the Truth photos. This board needs more riders and less b!tchers!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Nice! I also went from a Klein HT to a Truth back in 2001. I liked my lime green Rascal a lot but I am ashamed to say I forgot about the Klein real quickly. The Klein now hangs on the wall like in Seinfeld...but in the garage.

·
Registered
363 Posts
chad1433 said:
The Ergon's look real promising, but I haven't been able to find many dealers. Maybe I should just try to get my LBS to order some. Hand pain sux!

Can't wait for the Truth photos. This board needs more riders and less b!tchers!:thumbsup:
Chad,

The Path has them, I've seen them hanging on the wall. The cheapest place I've found is ummm, Performance Bike, they're always having a sale.

·
Unchained Freewheel
283 Posts
chad1433 said:

Chad what is this Ergon you talk of ? :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.