Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a size small FSR, and transport it on a trunk-mounted rack? If so, what do you use? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I was about to go for a Saris Bones, but my hatchback (Acura Integra) isn't listed as one of the compatible cars. Otherwise, one would be sitting in my place right now. If you have different information, then I'd like to know. That rack looks like good material.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had a standard rack already, so I bought one of those bars that goes from the stem to the seatpost. It was about $25 and works great. Another benefit is that the rack doesn't actually touch the bike - so no scratches.

·
Deadhead Biker
120 Posts
awai04 said:
Ya, I was about to go for a Saris Bones, but my hatchback (Acura Integra) isn't listed as one of the compatible cars. Otherwise, one would be sitting in my place right now. If you have different information, then I'd like to know. That rack looks like good material.
i have a honda accord... fsr... and the saris bar... it works fine .the wheels were close to the ground at first so i just adjusted the rack to raise the wheels! you could take them off i guess.

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
awai04 said:
I had a 91 pontiac firebird and was not listed as one of the cars for the rack, but I bought it and used it anyways. My car had a long window for the hatchback and also had a spoiler. The Saris bones fit around the spoiler with no problems. I did have a concern though and that was the back window. since the hooks attatched at the top of the window i would figure that with the force and the occasional bouncing of the rack the it would maybe bust my window, but Nope it didn't even damage my window at all. In fact I used that rack all of the time. I drove from San Diego all the way to Arizona and had not problems whatso ever. So I think that rack will work on yours without any problems.

Its up to you to make that decision but as you can see just becuase your car is not listed doesn't mean it will not work. I worked more than perfect for me and was even put thru a long stress test just to see what would happen.

Saris Bones rocks!!!!!!

Skate :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts