Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the actual numbers for how much lighter the rear stays are? I've got an 05, that a buddy of mine might be interested in, and that would mean I could get the 06. If it's really 1/4 lb like stated, that might be worth it...sorta. Also the laser etched graphics, not a fan of the "faux-carbon" stickers from 05.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

This is with the seatpost collar and a 3 way swinger. Got the RP3 on it now and it is about 1/4 lighter than the 3 way. THe Frame, Shock and collar in Medium for 2006 weighed about 5.39 lb. I will defer to a 2005 Owner with a medium frame and simialr components to give you a definite weight but i am not positive that the weight is all in the rear triangle.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
It depends. The larger sizes now have a seat tube brace so the front triangle is going to be heavier. The upside is the larger sizes also have a bit more travel and stronger design with more stand over. If you need one of the smaller sizes, you might lose some weight. Those carbon stays look tight.

·
information leafblower
244 Posts
small 06 weight

....my small RX06 was 2400g/5.29lbs with the RP3, standard seat collar and all standard bolts.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
for comparision sake - does anyone have the exact weight of a 06 Med MotoLite w/ RP3?

I'm guessing about 1/2 lb +

thanks, just curious how much lighter the RX really is, looking for a solid 4" travel raceable endurance rig that can take a beating from time to time

D

·
Registered
434 Posts
My medium moto-lite was 6.40 pounds with rp3 and seat collar, a little heavier than I had expected. I also plan on doing a little endurance racing, but it's not a priority, so I can deal with 28 pounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.