Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I purchase Stans or Orange, anybody used the Cream II from Truckerco? I don’t know why I feel the need to try something different. Maybe it’s the allure of the free syringe and the low price.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I've been using it for quite a while too, and I plan to continue. I recently had a toothpick size thorn in a tire that I had let the sealant dry up in (like Dax said above, you have to add sealant every few months, - true for pretty much any sealant), I pulled the thorn, added sealant, and inflated before spinning the wheel: I could hear the air hissing out of the hole, I spun the wheel (bike on a stand) only a small amount of sealant came out and then the hole was sealed, - I should have made a video.
I have added sealant through the valve, but I've changed to removing the valve and then adding sealant, - it just gravity feeds through the syringe without needing to use the plunger part of the syringe, and the valve stays clear/clean a long time, it will eventually gum up if you add through the valve.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I started using it on my new wheels the middle of Nov. last year. So far, no issues. I started out with 120ml and have topped it off a couple of times with about 30ml to keep it close to the original level. Although the trails I ride are rocky I don't tend to get many punctures normally. But after doing some work on my bike 3 weeks ago I took it for a spin in the desert next to my house. When I got back home I found 4 goat heads in the tires. They all sealed up quickly with only the loss of a few drops from one and they have stayed sealed since. Not much of challenge I know but it works fine on smaller punctures. Don't know about larger ones. Fairly low odor. Includes syringe & hose to fill through valve stem with core removed which is a nice touch. Can't beat the price.

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,773 Posts
As far as I can tell, Greg just makes this stuff in his garage and sells it at "I make this in my garage" prices.

I have raced with Greg many times, fast guy. I use his brakes too.

The Cream seems to work the same as Stans, but without Stans price.

·
Registered
638 Posts
As far as I can tell, Greg just makes this stuff in his garage and sells it at "I make this in my garage" prices.

I have raced with Greg many times, fast guy. I use his brakes too.

The Cream seems to work the same as Stans, but without Stans price.
Probably better than stans, they dont seep out like stans.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
EDR
10,792 Posts
Am I missing something with the pricing on this stuff? 16 oz bottle is $17 on Amazon and a 16 oz bottle of stans is 20.

I'm all for trying something new but was expecting "made in my garage" pricing, lol.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Buy direct from TruckerCo. $21.99/L (33.8 oz) including shipping and no tax.

·
EDR
10,792 Posts
Buy direct from TruckerCo. $21.99/L (33.8 oz) including shipping and no tax.

22 bucks a liter, that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
Am I missing something with the pricing on this stuff? 16 oz bottle is $17 on Amazon and a 16 oz bottle of stans is 20.

I'm all for trying something new but was expecting "made in my garage" pricing, lol.

You are buying on Amazon, not from the garage. Bezos needs his portion to go to space.

·
EDR
10,792 Posts
You are buying on Amazon, not from the garage. Bezos needs his portion to go to space.
You got that right!

Just bought a 16 oz bottle of orange seal cuz I've never tried it. I wonder if a big bottle of trucker will keep okay for a half year if left unopened and kept in the house? I don't see why not.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
You got that right!

Just bought a 16 oz bottle of orange seal cuz I've never tried it. I wonder if a big bottle of trucker will keep okay for a half year if left unopened and kept in the house? I don't see why not.

For the bigger bottles of sealant I squeeze the air out then tighten the cap - not sure if it actually helps but it always lasts to the end of the 1l bottle.

·
Registered
638 Posts
You got that right!

I left half a litre on my truck for a year and it was still liquid, no caking or drying.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
rth009
1,002 Posts
Thanks for the insight, all. I used a bottle of trucker co sealant years back, but then couldnt find it for a while, but now that stans is $35 a quart, I'm gonna try trucker co again. I have been using their brake pads for years. If I dont report back in a few months, assume that my opinion is that it works fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.