Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup dudes, thinking about giving Truckee a go for the first time ever, looking at jackass trail, seems pretty short though, any other options I can include to loop it? I'm aware there are some sensitive areas around those parts, I've found a gpx file for loop that includes jackass trail, but don't know the condition of the other areas in the loop, snow patches?

I'll be coming from Sacramento with a buddy, again will be our first time there..

Any suggestions for a fun 15 or so mile route??

Dm would be appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello, Over The Edge in South Tahoe here!
Come down to South Tahoe! Lots of trail snow free and rideable!
We have 2 of our for shuttle drop-offs open!
Give a call or stop by for more info!

OTE Tahoe
530-600-3633

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jackass is definitely open, and at least some of that other stuff nearby is good too. I don't know about the very top though. For such a sensitive trail though, I've been wondering why I've been seeing so many stickers pasted around referencing it...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I rode Jackass for the first time last weekend it's definitely open...already getting a little dry and loose actually. The trail is sick and the climb back up to do another lap is pretty easy. I ended up doing 5 laps and it was a little shy of 20 miles and 2,600ft of climbing. The fact that I rode it 5 times should tell you how much fun I had.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Jackass is definitely open, and at least some of that other stuff nearby is good too. I don't know about the very top though. For such a sensitive trail though, I've been wondering why I've been seeing so many stickers pasted around referencing it...
Time to make shirts with all the cartoon characters shredding.

·
Registered
809 Posts
There are ways to figure out the rest. It will be snow free soon. Also, the Alder Creek/Prosser trails are really good right now. I would imagine that Sawtooth and the lower part of Big Chief are also snow free.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
They have breakfast burritos and breakfast paninis but I haven't seen a breakfast calzone although that sounds amazing!
Last time I checked their menu I didn't see it. Pretty bummed, they are amazing. I guess the last time I was there was around December 2014. Planning a trip up there in a few months.

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
Oh yeah! The only negative about full belly deli is that it's closed on Sundays. :-(

Near Tahoe City, Dam Cafe and Crest Cafe make solid breakfast burritos! And they're open Sunday!
Yep!

Truckee Station on West River is really good - might not be fore everyone, but they're wraps, sandwiches and bowls are superb, fresh and full of flavor.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.