Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PokeyOne
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about a N* trip this weekend and want to know if I should bring the DJ bike with me.
Is the park in good riding shape?

·
Social Rider
174 Posts
Here are some clips of N* last weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2uwOpJ3z4

Your DJ would be super fun for the Truckee Bike Park. I hear they built a new section last year.

Have fun!
Wow-is that volume of riders normal through summer? I have only ridden N* with the Giant dealer events....so when I think of heading up for a day of riding I assume it will just be me and the guys from Hank & Frank.

Thats awesome to see that many riders out there!

·
> /dev/null 2&>1
3,823 Posts
That's cuz only zephyr was open, so about 60% of the trails were closed, unless you made the traverse on tryumph. Everyone was on gypsy, livewire and boondocks.

Nice edit PressureCooker! That's a lot of work.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,204 Posts
It was closed last weekend when we were up there on account of the rain. Might want to just check the weather before you go.

·
> /dev/null 2&>1
3,823 Posts
Yea that was a bummer, I only got one day in (few runs Friday). Sat was a family day. Sunday I did a trail ride because it was closed (and pouring). Mon I got there at 11 and it was shut down for lightning, we waited in line for Village Express for an hour hoping it would clear up, before it started pouring and we all bagged it.

El Nino means a stormy summer. Good for water. Hopefully the pattern stays till next winter.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,204 Posts
I think the question is about the Truckee bike park, not N*, right?

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
PressureCooker- Nice edit. We had a great weekend of riding at Tahoe, but were bummed that we got rained out of N*. I was dreaming about that step-up on Gypsy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's cuz only zephyr was open, so about 60% of the trails were closed, unless you made the traverse on tryumph. Everyone was on gypsy, livewire and boondocks.

Nice edit PressureCooker! That's a lot of work.
Not me. Wish I had that skill. Just a rad girl getting footage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts